Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Are there any alternatives to medical treatment for rosacea?

Recently I've begun having episodes of facial flushing and stinging on my cheeks and chin. The flushing goes away eventually (after a day or so) but I'm pretty sure it's rosacea, given my family history of the disease.





I really don't want to take antibiotics long term and I'm not thrilled at long term use of any drugs so I'm looking for alternatives to manage this problem.Are there any alternatives to medical treatment for rosacea?
The antibiotic that is given is tetracycline in a low dose. I have been on it for at least 7 years. There are no side effects if you are an adult that I know of. In children it will turn their teeth yellow.Are there any alternatives to medical treatment for rosacea?
Hi,


I know of something that can 'hide' the rosacea, MicroSkin. Google it. I use it for severe facial flushing, although I get it on my chest, arms, neck and back. YUCK. But MicroSkin is my miracle. A lady in QLD Australia invented it. Her name's Linda, she and her staff are super lovely. Report Abuse

Read up about sea buckthorn oil. Apparently there has been evidence that it kills the demodex mite which is believed to be one of the triggers for outbreaks. Not only that, it also aids accelerated healing and is used for radiation burns and is used for all sorts of other benefits - including burns, skin ulcers, cancer, acne, dermatitis.





Google or yahoo ';benefits of sea buckthorn oil';





I use it as a daily moisturiser because it really does keep problems at bay and because of my sensitive skin I like to use natural products.





I buy mine from the following site because it's the only place I could find it in 100% pure concentration as opposed to being heavily diluted with other oils.


http://www.rosacea-remedy.com/





Good luck in finding something that works for you.
Diet diet- no chocolate or caffeine, no nuts, don't get overheated or overcooled= get good antioxidants in the diet- decrease stress as much as possible= make sure you don't have any food sensitivities or allergies- Dr Perricone= recommends no sugar- or white flour or processed food items- we should go back to farming and ala natural- D

No comments:

Post a Comment