Saturday, December 12, 2009

Does accutane help in the treatment of rosacea??

Well, yes and no.





Yes, because it treats several skin problems: Acne, Rosacea, Uneven Coloring otherwise...





No, because the stuff has a tendency to make the body toxic against its-self. I used it for several months while I was on a ninety day commitment in a mental hospital-- which turned out to be more like six months-- and it DID help with the Rosacea. The problem was I had to be on a very strict diet, which I cannot remember exactly, but it was low sodium, and I had to have blood tests done frequently to make sure it wasn't doing me more harm than good. The othe part that sucked of it was, once I stopped taking the accutane (upon my release from the mental hospital), the Rosacea came back stronger than ever.





I guess I'll wish you better luck than I had with it. I'll keep trying new stuff and giving opinions on it once I form them, if you're interested in hearing them. Accutane is an extreme skin irritant for me for about a month, before it started feeling more natural. Try to keep your skin moisturized to keep it healthy and to prevent it from coming off layers at a time. Don't over exert your skin, 'cause I heard a story about one guy whose skin tore because it lost its elasticity, but that's all it was, a story. I don't know if there's truth behind it. At any rate, good luck.Does accutane help in the treatment of rosacea??
It can, but it is typically reserved for cases of rosacea that have not responded to other forms of treatment in patients that have oily skin. Low doses (perhaps 10mg) have been prescribed for rosacea by some dermatologists when other prescriptions like Finacea, Plexion, and oral antibiotics are not providing satisfactory results. Because rosacea is now understood to be an inflammatory skin disorder, Accutane can provide relief because it has anti-inflammatory properties -- however, it does tend to help only in those patients who also have oily skin.





Accutane is more commonly considered in rosacea patients where there is also sebaceous hyperplasia (where oil glands rise to the surface of the skin) or where rhinophyma (disfigurement of the nose) is a potential concern. This is what's called an ';off-label'; use of the drug, but it is a valid use of Accutane.Does accutane help in the treatment of rosacea??
No only acne
Accutane works on overly active oil glands. Rosacea is not the same condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment