Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Rosacea treatment?

About five-six years ago I began developing rosacea. It's not the flushing kind of rosacea that comes and goes; it's become permanent. I went to a dermatologist three years ago and he prescribed tetracycline, which didn't do anything, and gave me the usual spiel about not eating spicy foods, using lukewarm water, etc. But when it's *permanent,* that's not going to help.





I'd like to get it treated, but right now there's no way I can afford a dermatologist -- the cheapest in my area, the same one I went to last time who wouldn't listen to me, was still $80 a visit, and when he wanted to see me every couple weeks, it got really costly.





I don't have insurance. I'm a student and currently don't have a job. What can I do? I began using ProActiv last month for chin acne, and at first I thought it was mildly helping my rosacea until I took a good long look in the mirror today, and yikes. Splotchiness and bumps everywhere. What can I do if I can't afford a good dermatologist?Rosacea treatment?
Go to Walgreens and look for ';Prosacea'; over the counter. My daughter has tried this, and has really had luck with it. Its about $10.00, but that's cheaper than most other medication. Hope it helps you..

No comments:

Post a Comment