Saturday, December 12, 2009

Why did my rosacea flare up after laser genesis treatment?

Yesterday morning to went in for my first laser genesis treatment at my dermatologists office. I don't have very bad rosacea but my face does flare up and overall I wanted to improve the quality of my skin and have a move even skin tone, and have the skin not be so blotchy.





The treatment went well, and the redness went down within 2 hours and everything looked alright, but this morning on both cheeks I have little red dots which is what I usually get when I have a rosacea flare up. I put on the metrogel but I am just wondering if this is a common reaction to laser genesis with people who have rosacea.





Is it possible that the laser just stressed out my face and in days to come it will calm down or is this maybe a bad sign? If anyone has any experience or knowledge about this I would appreciate some advice, thanks!Why did my rosacea flare up after laser genesis treatment?
When I had my later treatment I never had the red-dot symptoms that you described. Maybe you should wait a few days; I'm sure it'll all go away.





That said... laser treatment isn't really a long-term treatment, anymore than rosacea is a chronic condition. Post-treatment my face improved for a while, but rosacea was never really cured. It always came back during the summer. You just have to be really careful about the external irritants. You can't always do the laser thing every other summer..Why did my rosacea flare up after laser genesis treatment?
Laser treatment may not be totally effective in Rosaceae. I have seen many recurrences ater Laser.


Please get advice from the dermatologist

No comments:

Post a Comment