Saturday, December 12, 2009

Does anyone have treatment or remedy for facial flushing/redness due to mild rosacea?

I have tried prescriptions and my Derm. told me only thing effective was laser (IPL). $1500 later, I am on my last (6th) treatment and the flushing/redness still exists. I have always had pink skin, just gotten worse now I'm 38. I am fair skin, have occasional pimples, its the redness that bothers me. I use sunscreen and stay out of the sun. Please help.Does anyone have treatment or remedy for facial flushing/redness due to mild rosacea?
IPL is thought to be one of the best options for facial redness due to flushing. Finding the right practitioner can be difficult - especially finding one that has experience in your specific symptoms. It can be expensive for sure. What is your IPL practitioner telling you about the number of treatments that you need ?





You might like to try beta-blockers as an option to reduce the flushing - ask your doctor.Does anyone have treatment or remedy for facial flushing/redness due to mild rosacea?
Wow $1500! I know what its like, my sister went on her 4th treatment and stoped. She used the stuff in the source box below. and a week later it worked 10x better then IPL . I think thats your best bet.
Rub lime juice with honey and salt this will help
I'm using Metrogel (antibiotic gel) on my face twice a day. I have not had a pimple since I started using it and my face does not look as red. I'm not familiar with the IPL. The laser (will find out the name for you) I use gets rid of the little red veins. It's $350.00 to $375.00 for 15 minutes. It gets rid of them immediately. I had it done three years ago and I'm just about to go back in and have it done again. Maybe you should see a different doctor. Not all doctors have the same lasers. $1500 for 6 treatments for mild Rosacea sounds very wrong to me.





I just had my laser treatment. It's called Gemini Laser. So far I'm pleased, but my face is very swollen right now. The web site ';djp'; left in his answer is very informative. You may find some better answers in that forum. Good luck to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment