Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Has anyone had facial IPL laser treatment for rosacea?

If so, how does your skin look and feel immediatly after the treatment? If female, are you able to apply makeup before going home? How many treatments did you have to have? After all treatments were finished, how does your face look now compared to beginning the first treatment? Serious answers only...Has anyone had facial IPL laser treatment for rosacea?
I only get the IPL treatments to get rid of the broken blood vessels that result from rosacea. Granted, my case is somewhat mild (redness only). Now I do get GENTLE microdermabrasions on a fairly regular basis; while not a good idea for full-blown rosacea, I find it does help with the redness and I love how my skin feels afterwards. I am male, so I can't answer the makeup question, but wouldn't think you would want to apply any for a day or so afterwards. My esthetician puts on a good moisturizer afterwards, and says the skin more readily absorbs it at that point. I also am told to avoid sun exposure for a day or so afterwards (even more than normal).





The place I go also offers rosacea facials, which I get a few times a year; a little slice of heaven right there.





Before I opine any more, I would like to ask a few questions of you, if you don't mind:





Will you be going to a doctor or a spa/skin care


center? Also, how is your rosacea (mild, medium, etc)? I am going in for another microderm on 2-9-07, so I could ask some questions about IPL when I'm there and report back to you, if you would like.Has anyone had facial IPL laser treatment for rosacea?
I think you should try a systemic approach before treating rosacea with a laser. I had rosacea and cured it through good nutrition and avoiding all foods that contain refined sugar. Daily supplements of chromium picolinate also helped. And crushed raw garlic added to food after it is cooked. The idea is to get your blood sugar stabilized at a low level, so that the bacteria which cause rosacea cannot thrive in your skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment